If you are wondering how to sell your house fast, you probably do not have a whole lot of time for chitchat. You have zero time to spend researching the current housing market and pondering how it will affect your home sale. You just want the guidance—plain and simple—that will help you find a buyer as fast as possible. Well, here is the good news: It is possible to sell a home fast, and the experts say it comes down to a few key to-dos to take care of before your home hits the market.
If you are truly ready to sell your property, heed the advice of the experts below. Of course, there are no guarantees of a quick sale, but putting these tips into practice definitely will not hurt your chances of securing a buyer.
1. Tidy up to make your house stand out: If you are looking to sell quickly, you are going to want to start cleaning, especially before those listing photos are taken.
Pristine houses are more attractive to a buyer, which will keep the buyer excited, and an excited buyer always pays more and usually will write an offer quickly.
That means getting rid of clutter both inside the house and in the yard and putting some elbow grease into making everything look its best. Clean from top to bottom in every room of the house. Wipe down cabinets and drawers, remove any scuffs from the walls, give all kitchen appliances a once-over, clean air vents, shampoo your carpets, and then sweep, vacuum, or mop every inch of the house.
It will take you several days of work, but the payoff will be worth it.
2. Have your house staged: Want to go the extra mile beyond cleaning? Consider having your house staged, a way of decorating it so it is more attractive to buyers.
It is best to present the home in its best light. If a professional home stager is not in your budget, then look online for ideas to highlight a home that is similar to your home. Also, your real estate professional can give insight on how to highlight each room of your home.
3. Have a professional photographer take listing photos: Be sure your agent hires a professional photographer because bad property photos can be a sale killer.
First impressions are everything and need to be done right. A professional photographer has all the tools to capture the right lighting and make everything look brighter and inviting. A professional will also have wide-angle lenses to fit the entire room in the photo.
4. Make your home available for showings: Once everything is set up, get ready to spend a lot of time away from your home so buyers and real estate professionals can view the property comfortably — without you or your pets wandering around the halls.
Remember: If you want to sell your home fast, you need to be flexible and open with your time and allow buyers to tour it as often as possible.
5. Find the right price: Staging and marketing your home are important components, but at the end of the day, the amount of money you are asking buyers to pay could be what seals the deal. homNothing will overcome a poorly priced home—and a well-priced home can overcome many other issues. To sell your home fast, your house needs to be priced to compete with the others currently on the market.
Your real estate professional will help you decide on the right price for your home by looking at a variety of factors: your house’s age, any updates, square footage, and the school district. They will also look up comparable homes that have sold in the area to evaluate the best price